Considered an international leader in refractive, cataract, and LASIK surgery, Dr. Steven J. Dell is a board certified ophthalmologist and the Medical Director of Dell Laser Consultants. He has dedicated his career to enhancing vision correction in the US and abroad, and he strives to provide each patient with exceptional, customized treatment and unparalleled results. An award-winning eye surgeon, Dr. Dell has been a featured presenter at major ophthalmology conferences around the world, where he helps to train other eye surgeons in the latest techniques. Furthermore, he is an advocate of continuing education, and his research has led to the development of some of the most advanced technologies available. Through his relationship with the FDA and several ophthalmic equipment manufacturers, he is able to provide patients with state-of-the-art innovations years ahead of other practices.
Dr. Dell believes he has a responsibility to help educate the next generation of eye surgeons, and he sponsors learning opportunities for budding eye doctors. These externships allow students to observe him performing groundbreaking surgical techniques and to develop practical experience in the field. Dr. Dell has also been the preferred choice for athletes, politicians, celebrities, and other eye doctors seeking their own eye surgery. With every patient the goal remains the same: to help each person achieve optimal visual acuity in the most comfortable environment possible.
Experience and Accomplishments:
Dr. Dell has served in prestigious roles for some of the most esteemed medical journals, institutions, and organizations around, including:
- Founding Chief Medical Editor of Advanced Ocular Care
- Chief Medical Editor of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today
- Editorial Board of Ocular Surgery News
- Founding President of The American-European Congress of Ophthalmic Surgery
- Chairman of the Board Emeritus, American-European Congress of Ophthalmic Surgery
- Clinical Instructor in Ophthalmology at Tulane University
Dr. Dell is an active member of several renowned ophthalmology associations, including:
- The Refractive Surgery Clinical Committee of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- The American Board of Ophthalmology
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology (Fellow)
Dedicated to the advancement of the field of ophthalmology, Dr. Dell has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors, including:
- Second US eye surgeon to perform laser cataract surgery using a femtosecond laser
- Twice elected as one of the Top 50 Opinion Leaders in Cataract and Refractive Surgery by his peers
- Keynote lecturer at several eye surgery conferences
- VISX® Star Award, given to top 5% of refractive surgeons in the US
- Named a Super Doctor by Texas Monthly magazine several years in a row
- Named one of America’s Top Ophthalmologists by the Consumers’ Research Council of America
- Named one of Austin’s Best Doctors by Austin Monthly magazine
Dr. Dell offers a range of technologies at his state-of-the-art practice to provide the best care possible to his patients. He selects the ideal option for each person based on their needs and goals. Furthermore, Dr. Dell has developed and patented numerous medical instruments and devices that hundreds of eye surgeons use today, including:
- Dell Astigmatism Marker™
- Dell Fixation Ring™
- Dell PlumeSafe Ophthalmic Evacuation System™
- Dell PlumeSafe Handpiece™
Dr. Dell continues to research and develop innovative techniques that further the ophthalmology field, as well as help patients to reduce their dependence on corrective lenses and to improve their eyesight.
Dell Laser Consultants is proud to be part of the RSC Verified program. The seal reflects our commitment to providing you with the information you need to make the right decision for your vision correction. The RSC Verified seal also represents a promise and a standard for information that is unbiased and based on the latest science. Information you read with the RSC Verified seal has been developed under the guidance of the Refractive Surgery Council and meets the highest standard for quality and accuracy. Information with the RSC Verified seal will ensure you have the information you need to make an informed decision about your vision correction options.