Corneal Cross-Linking SpecificsFriday, September 24th, 2010, 5:05 pm
We have been overwhelmed with inquiries by the medical community and public with regards to this study. We would like to address concerns on an individual basis, but here is some basics that can help everyone out.
1. The study will enrol patients 12 years of age and older
2. A diagnosis of keratoconus or post-lasik ectasia is necessary to be enrolled in the initial arm of the study.
3. Patients will be required to be out of contacts for a length of time related to the type of lens they are wearing. For hard contact lens wearers this will be a minimum of 2 weeks and could end up being months.
4. Only one eye will be treated initially, with the option of a second eye after one month
5. Several follow up visit will be required in the first 6 months.
Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions.